Behind-the-Scenes at Máyyan ‘Ooyákma Coyote Ridge (Spring 2023)
Every year thousands of people sign up for Open Access Days at Máyyan ‘Ooyákma - Coyote Ridge Open Space Preserve. 2023 was different - with construction and trail building in full swing, the Open Space Authority hosted preserve access in the form of unprecedented volunteer efforts to build the trails at this preserve. The new preserve will officially unveil to the public in Fall 2023, but in the meantime, here are a few behind-the-scenes photos to enjoy from Spring 2023.
30 Open Spaces We Love
To celebrate the Open Space Authority's 30th Anniversary Year, we challenge YOU to visit 30 of our favorite open spaces in and around the Santa Clara Valley! To keep track of which parks you visit, check out the 30 Open Spaces We Love BINGO challenge here.
30 Years: Protecting Nature Together, Forever
2023 marks the 30th Anniversary of the Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority. The agency was founded in 1993 as a public, independent special district – envisioned by dedicated local citizens and enacted by the California State Legislature – with the mission of forever protecting natural and agricultural lands and connecting people to nature.
30th Anniversary Message from the General Manager
The Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority is proud to celebrate 30 years of protecting nature together, forever. It was 1993, when ordinary citizens, local elected leaders and the California State Legislature joined together to form a new special district and public land conservation agency in Santa Clara County whose mission would be to balance growth by creating a permanent Santa Clara Valley Greenbelt of protected natural and agricultural lands.
- Animals of the Pride Flag
- Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority Awards over $910K for Local Environmental Programming during 30th Anniversary Year
- One-way Trails: Why Have Them?
- Behind-the-Scenes at Máyyan ‘Ooyákma Coyote Ridge (Spring 2023)
- Staff Spotlight - Meet Jackie
- Farmer's Market Guide to the Santa Clara Valley
- Why Become an Open Space Authority Volunteer?
- The Future of Agriculture
- 30 Open Spaces We Love
- Helen Chapman fights to save San Jose’s open space