submit your photos of santa clara valley's open spaces for a chance to be featured in our newsletter, blog, and social media!
To celebrate National Nature Photography Day this June 15, the Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority wants to see YOUR best shots of Santa Clara Valley's open spaces! Get out your cameras (or smartphones!), and head to one of our open space preserves or Authority-funded urban open spaces to capture the beautiful nature that surrounds us here in the Santa Clara Valley.
First, second, and third place winning shots will be featured as our Facebook cover photos (for the duration of one month for 1st place, two weeks for 2nd place, and one week for 3rd place winners). Cover photos will include captions about each photographer.
Landscapes, plants, sunsets, birds, bugs, wildlife, or people* enjoying the outdoors – the subject is your choosing! We require that your photos depict nature and/or open space and are taken at a Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority Open Space Preserve or an Authority-funded urban open space location.
*If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted and must be able to include copies of those releases to the Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority with your photo submission.
Remember: When on any open space preserve, do NOT feed, disturb, touch, or remove wildlife. Do NOT pick or trample plants. Visitors are allowed ONLY on designated trails. Unmanned aerial systems or drones are NOT allowed on any open space preserve.
HOW TO ENTER
- Starting May 1, 2019, please send entries by email attachment to email@example.com. Mailed entries will not be accepted
- Entries must be submitted in .jpg, .jpeg, or .gif format. Please submit your photo(s) at the highest possible resolution (no larger than 300 dpi).
- Email subject line should read: "Open Space Photo Contest Submission - YOUR NAME"
- In the email body, please include:
- Your First and Last Name
- Email address
- Residential zip code
- Location where photo was taken
- Date photo was taken
- Photo releases from individuals in photos (if applicable)
- Winners will be notified on Friday, May 31 and announced in our monthly eNewsletter, on Wednesday, June 5. Sign up to receive the newsletter to your email inbox here.
- Winners will be featured in a special National Nature Photography Day article on our blog, as well as on our Facebook, and Twitter!
RULES & GUIDELINES
- The contest is open to participants regardless of residence or citizenship, so long as the laws of their jurisdiction allow participation. Limit of three photo entries per contestant.
- The deadline for submitted entries is Friday, May 24, 2019 at 5:00 pm PST. Winners will be notified on Friday, May 31, 2019.
- A panel of Open Space Authority staff will choose the winners. Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit.
- Entries must depict nature and/or open space and must be taken at a Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority Open Space Preserve or an Authority-funded urban open space location.
- Photos taken prior to the beginning of the contest ARE eligible for entry.
- If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted and must include copies of those releases to the Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority with your photo submission.
- Entries must be the original work of the contestant. By entering, contestants warrant that the photo(s) submitted do(es) not violate the rights of any third parties.
- Entries may not be inappropriate or offensive, as determined by the Authority. The Authority reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry they deem to be offensive or inappropriate.
- By submitting an entry, contestants grant the Authority a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, and publicly perform the photographs and his/her name in digital and printed publications and promotions.
For questions regarding the contest, please contact Annamarie Pilon, Community Engagement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-224-74-76 ext. 561.